Monday, April 25, 2005

A Day in Bedok Neighborhood

For change, I change my itinerary today.  Instead of going to the City, I decided to stroll around my neighborhood and try to meet new friends.   And that's exactly what I did.

Kakit Bukit CC
I left the house at around 4:30pm and started walking along North St 3.   To be honest, this was my first time to take a closer look on the buildings, streets and appreciate the beauty of my neighborhood.  I didn't know that about a hundred meters away from my place, there is this colorful Community Center (also known as CC).  There, I learned that my place belongs to Kaki Bukit Community which is quite a revelation because all the while I thought,  I am living in Bedok Community or Chai Chee Community.

 The CC has a mini library, sports facility, meeting place, and many other provisions that the residents can utilize.  They even offer free day care complete with ballet lessons or singing lesson.  As long as you are a registered resident in the place, you can avail all of these.  Which made me think, this will be a good place for my family when they move here.
Sexy Gals at KK Hawkers

Moving further, I saw a hawker center with some pretty ladies in short shorts.  When I check what are the items sold in this hawker, I was happy to learn they they offer fish soup, char chew rice, duck rice and lot more.  Basically, the offer more choices than the hawker near my house.  Actually, it was not the food that attracted me to the place.  It was the sexy Chinese Singaporeans who litters in the vicinity.
Shing Song

I didn't stay long at the hawker center.  I crossed the street and checked the Marketplace. It was empty when I arrived.  After asking around, I learned that the Public Market opens at 4am and closes at 12am.

One elderly Singaporean told me that I can always go to the nearby Shing Song Supermarket, a privately owned grocery store, if I need something.   The prices, he said, are a bit higher compared to the Public Market, but it is reasonable and much lower compared to large supermarkets in the city.  Well, the old man was right.  Shing Song offers complete grocery and household items.   I think from now on, this will be my destination for household needs.

Bedok Reservoir Park
Afterwards, I took a bus and headed towards Bedok Reservoir Park.

SoJ @ Bedok Reservoir Park
The place is a man made lake that serves as water catch basin for the entire Aljunied, Tampines and Bedok area.  The area became a park after the government developed the perimeter into a jogging range and created a multi-purpose recreational center at the Entrance Area.  

The park serves at least five adjacent communities:  Aljunied, Tampines, Semei, Kaki Bukit, and Upper Changi.   It also serves as a sports area for the nearby Temasek Polytechnic School.

After an hour of walking and taking pictures, I decided to talk and win some Singaporean.  I didn't had a hard time because most Singaporeans are naturally nice and hospitable.

Vicky and her dogs
Joggers
I met a jogger named Vivien Chen, a native Singaporean with Chinese descent.  When she told me how old she is, I could not believe that she's a 40 years old single lady.  I was perplexed because she has all the assets.  She has a sexy firm body that any man would surely die for.   She financially stable and working as a consultant in Singapore Exchange.  And she is living in her own unit at the nearby Waterfront View Condo.

I smiled when she said, she didn't have any intention of getting married because she already have two dogs that she treasure as partners for life.  Vicky is witty, funny and nice to talk with.  She respond well to conversation and could talk variety of topics.  This made me wonder why she has no boyfriend.

Before parting, Vicky game her calling card.

Tired and thirsty, I decided to go to the recreational area hoping to buy some drinks and food.  Along the way, I saw these attractive Chinese girl sitting a bench.  I smiled at her and told her her dog is cute.  She smiled back and appreciated the compliment.

That little smile was enough to win another friend.   Her name is Lei Ling and she's a Chinese immigrant from Chuxioung China.  She moved here in Singapore three years back and currently working as factory worker in one of the Semiconductor company in Bedok Industrial Park C.  She's staying at Block 703 at Bedok Reservoir Road... roughly a 30 minutes walk from here.

Lei Ling is quite simple and down to earth.  She has some difficulty talking in straight English and had to group for words during conversation.  But I stay with her there much longer than expected because hehehe... I was having a good time ogling at her flawless fair legs.  I even use our language barrier to take advantage of her.  Did you know that she allowed me to touch her legs?  She was thinking, I was trying to remove some dirt on it.  Heheheh... I was actually molesting her.  hahahaha.  She didn't mind anyway... because she didn't understand.
HDB Block 535

I took Lei Ling's number before bidding goodbye.

From Bus Stop to My Place
It was past 7pm when the bus 225 Green arrived at our bus stop.

I took some pictures of our HDB Building and the pathway to our place.

Did  you wonder why there is still daylight at 7pm?  Yep, because sunset had just set.  Sunset in Singapore is at 7:08pm


No comments: