Saturday, February 18, 2006

My new 20D


I didn't sleep last night!

How could I? I had been thinking of my new digital SLR camera the whole night. The feeling was eerie, you know, seem like a teenager having his first date. Too much excitement. From now on I will be holding a SLR camera and no longer a simple point-and-shoot digital camera. But at the same time, I have some apprehensions. This is a 2nd hand camera and I don't have any assurance if this would last long.

Chris, the seller who agreed to meet me at the Raffles City at 9AM, send a text message saying the train will be delayed for 15 minutes. That didn't matter, for as long as it's confirmed that the sale will proceed, I can wait. Waiting, I did for thirty minutes but nobody showed up. I began to worry. I called up the seller and to my surprise, a lady answered my call. Double surprise, the person on the other line was actually sitting opposite my table. Whoah! I didn't expect Chris to be a woman.

The sale was went on smoothly. I have inspected the camera and found it in mint condition. I also made some sample shots and showed good pics. I didn't take much test on the functionalities for how would i know if it's okay or not - I don't know the camera's functionality. Well, I'll just cross my finger and hope that this transaction will turn out nice in the long run. Personally, I found Chris to be a nice person and projects honesty with her dealings. I hope I am right!

Now I have a new digital SLR camera... a Canon 20D. Yes!!!!


No comments: