Thursday, February 14, 2008

competition time...

Together with TM Gerry, we arrived at IPSR early. We unload all the TM Materials from my car including a green plastic bag containing some microphone and I don't know. I didn't check what it contain inside. Minutes later, other TM arrived and the rest of the contestants.
While TM Ramed - the Chief Judge - was busy giving instructions to the segment players, I stayed on one corner trying to understand what I have just written hours ago. I am not good in memorizing lines, so I tried to group thoughts and visualize the script like a beautiful lady, err... what else could I compare?
* * * * * * *
The target speaker was TM Willy, who delivered his Speech number 6 with objectives on Vocal Variety. Generally, the speech started with a lamentation of a man for a departed love one. Then he moved the timetable to the past describing the two persona in the story. He made a distinctive progression on how the characters grow up, got separated, and got back together. He briefly segue into a happy mode, a drastic departure from the sad mood of the speech. Then went back to the sad mood, but he set the story on the lamentation of the man - the introduction! He concluded the speech with a challenge to the audience about finding/experiencing true love.
* * * * * * *

No comments: