Thursday, August 13, 2009

JKA case

All the while, I though, the last case - which is John Koenig Associates - would be easy. I was so confident that this is peanuts because this is what I do in the office: Management Control and Risk Analysis. But I was dead wrong. I realized, my experience and actual knowledge was a handicap rather than an advantage.

In real life setting, my boss wouldn't care how I solve the problem and what theories or tools did I used. As long as I solve the problem, that was it! Not in MBA crash course. The professor expect us to cite sources, tools and theories on how we solve the case.

Gee... now, I have to surf the Internet just to associate the appropriate theory/tool on the method that I am using. And I don't like this exercise. It was taking a tool on me and it has created an avalanche of information on my hand. I ended up, confused and have done nothing.

I consoled myself by going to bed early, on the hopes that tomorrow I am better prepared to craft for my case presentation.

No comments: