Sunday, December 13, 2009

Forming a group

After several postponement, Emerson Valdezco and Bee-Jay aragon visited me in the house.  We were scheduled  to plan and discuss an idea of forming a Photography group based here in Riyadh.   Both of them arrived at the same at around 7 o'clock in the evening.

I explained to Emerson that forming a Photography club is not a joke.  This will require tons of effort, infinite supply of patience, and a big heart to make it work.  I shared to them my experience in setting up a club in Singapore which became the largest group of Filipino Photographers in Singapore - the Pinoygraphers.  As one of the four founders of Pinoygraphers, I detailed to them my pains, angst, joy, happiness and sense of fulfillment.

Bee-Jay looked at me and seems perplexed.  He asked "can we do this with only three of us?"

I looked at Bee-Jay and just smile.  "Giant trees starts on small seed.  Yes, we can if we want it", I replied.

I draw the plan of setting up the Mission, the Vision and the Objective of the proposed group.   I made an emphasis that the new group shall be non-profit organization.  It should cater for the newbies and its activities should be generally beneficial to the members.   Emerson, at first, was not keen on my vision for the group.  He was actually looking at using the proposed group as a spring board to build network for sideline jobs related to photography.   When Bee-jay agreed on my direction, Emerson eventually agreed.

There were several proposals on what should be the name of the new group.   We finally agreed on the name The Shutter's Guild.   This was proposed by Emerson.    I asked Emerson to come up with good logo for the group.  I suggested taking the Camera Aperture as an essential element of the logo.  Emerson seconded and added that he was thinking of using the eye as the baseline.

At the end of the discussion, we come up with the plan of setting a club that shall be called The Shutter's Guild.   As to when, where and how... that remains a mystery.

The two boys parted with a good promise that we can do this.



No comments: