How fast time flies.
Eighteen months ago, I complained that my life became boring and predictable. When family joined with me here in Saudi Arabia last Sep 2009, I was forced to change my daily routine. With heavy heart I dropped all my outdoor activities, taking photos halted almost to nada, and I literally stopped using my laptop computer. I didn't even have the chance to watch movies anymore - my kids owns my TV and use them all the time.
To fill up the void left by photography, I choose to get more active with Toastmasters. I have done a lot both in the club level and in the Area Level. Well, I help setup four new clubs under my sleeve, I recruited 15 new members, was appointed chairman of the Speaker's Bureau of Division A, and was appointed Assistant Governor both in Area 5 and in Area 1, and this is not to mention my personal achievements in my Leadership and Communication Awards.
On the first count, I was dead wrong that my life was boring and predictable. Certainly, my family added spice to my outside activities. My daughter Jasmine was famous among Indian Toastmasters and my adorable wife Pinky, gee... she became a sensation of her own as she became a sought after Masters of Ceremony and Guest Speaker.
On the second count I was wrong because even if stopped my photography, Comsofil gave me something else better. They allowed me to handle photography classes. And the sweet thing is... my students founded a group called "Shutters Guild" which is now the home of the rising photographers of the city.
On the third count I was wrong because when I dropped my outside activities - involving mostly of parties and booze - I found something else better. I found the CFC-FFL community which greatly help us improve our spiritual life and made us better person.
More than everything else, changing my priority set my life to good path and the right direction. I gained the trust and win back the love of my wife, my children are far more closer to me than anytime back then, and more importantly... we are all happy.
Eighteen months later, I reflect back and say to my self: "this was the best days of my life so far, and yes! I thank thee Lord"
No comments:
Post a Comment