It's been several weeks since I last arrive in Riyadh. I already got a flat at Sulaimaniah
and had moved in last week. I choose the place because the area is familiar - I used to live nearby during my 1st stay here - and it is near a Filipino School. The Military Hospital is also just few blocks away which of course meant that there is a large concentration of Pinay nurses around. Hehehe.. self serving, isn't?
But for now, I will not be writing about my house, not the school nor the nurses who live nearby. What I want to share with you is my experience that happened several weeks ago.
During the last two weeks of Ramadan, I was stuck in my hotel at the Riyadh Palace Hotel. I could not move out and transfer to my new flat because the realty house was close during the whole Eid holidays. So I have not choice but to stay and wallow with my boredom in the hotel. I tried to spend the week watching TV and DVDs but it only take a day or two, when boredom started to creep it. I got restless and thought of using camera. But I immediately hold the idea because I know it is forbidden to take photograph in the city.
"What about the rooftop?", the devil spoke to me! hehehehe... And indeed, I went to the rooftop of the hotel. Surprise surprise! The access doors were carelessly left unlocked and THERE WERE NO SECURITY CAMERAS in the hallway and in the rooftop. Aha! and opportunity.
Without a second thought, I went back to my room and grab a big towel and wrap my camera then hurriedly climb the roof deck. I used my tora-tora lens and with some filter I started shooting. It was a hot afternoon with a very hot dry air blowing my face which makes my nose bleeds.
But that didn't matter. I enjoyed the view so much and had stayed more than three hours on the roof.
I waited for the sunset to capture my first sunset photography in Riyadh. It was perfect - the sun was red-orange in a clear yellow-red sky. I have taken several dozens and struggled because I didn't have a tripod with me that time. And, I have to use those aircon exhaust vents as my alternative. Nevertheless, I capture one picture that was worth all my wait.
My heart was pumping fast after taking the Sunset shot - maybe due to excitement and perhaps because of the adrenaline rush brought by the fear of getting caught by the nearby National Guards. I didn't waste any moment. I hurried down to my room and download the images. And howaaah!!! The pictures were simple great.
I wanted to upload my pictures and show it to my friends in Singapore but having no Internet connection in my hotel room, I opted to store it and planned to post process all the pictures. Anyway, I have all the chance that I wanted once I transfer to my new place.
No comments:
Post a Comment