I went out for dinner. While waiting for my meal, I made some calls to my friends in Singapore General Hospital. They were generally surprise to hear that I was already in Saudi, and they even teased me about camels and sheeps. Hehehe... these nurses are really funny!
At around 11pm, everything seems quite all around. I looked at my window and found the hotel security guard silently sitting on his bunker. While on the opposite side of the road, the National Guard checkpoint is already closed, and I don't see any military entity walking in the vicinity. Hmm... this is good! Once again I took my camera out and wrap it with a large towel, then proceed to the roofdeck of the hotel.
It was dark. The roof light were already turned off and I have to use my cell phone to guide me where to walk. I went far to the opposite of the National Guard checkpoint - just to be safe - and position my camera near a pole of a satellite disk.
In the absense of a tripod, I tied the lens onto a post using a rubber band and angled it towards the two famed towers of Riyadh. After taking several pictures of long exposure, I slowly crawled back to my room.
What was the feeling? GREAT! It's not the picture.. but the excitement that I felt when I took the shot. Hehehehehe... I will never do it again (kaya?)
No comments:
Post a Comment