The only reason why I am still connected with the Computer Society of Filipinos (Comsofil) is the photography class. Personally, I found solace in teaching photography aside from the fact that it has serve as my only link to my old self - the photo addict SoJ. On the larger perspective, my photo class serves as a natural source of new members for the Shutter's Guild.
For the past two years, I was happy just being a simply instructor. It never crossed in my mind to get myself drawn deep into the organization, until that eventful night of Oct 1, 2010. From that day on, I bowed to run as Board of Director and "see" what really is inside. From that day on, I bowed, never again shall the Shutter's Guild be accused of any misdemeanor.
The entire Shutters Guild was solid behind my back and they relentlessly campaigned for me among the students. The Toastmasters with the leadership of TM Erlinda made sure that my application would be accepted and I would have good representation among the instructors. Even if I only manage to perform limited personal campaign (due to other commitments), the concerted efforts of my supporter was more than enough to get me through.
I was elected as the 8th of the 16 Board of Directors for the Year 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment