Saturday, January 15, 2011

Marriage Enrichment Retreat

Last year, when our church community announced that they will conduct a marriage enrichment retreat (MER), I readily volunteer to join. I had always adhere to the idea of rekindling that lost spark between husband and wife even if their marriage is A-OK. Way back when I was still single, I heard of these program when I was still with the Bread of Life church and was seriously interested about it. When I was with the Every Nation Church in Singapore, Donita Rose announced that there will be a MER on Sep 2006. Gee... I was excited to join but could not. Pinky, my wife, was in the Philippines at that time.

Today, I got the chance to fulfill my long awaited dream.

How was it?, you may ask. Well, it was okay. It was like a regular church seminar except that the topic was more about the responsibility of the couple as a christian husband and a christian wife, respectively. The book of Ephesians was extensively used - which for me was just a review. I stumbled upon this material years before when I was still active with the Living Water Church. Nevertheless, I am glad that this topic was presented to us. For mommy, it was the first time that she heard about it. And I believe, the message sank in well with her.

Overall, the one-night and one-day affair was fruitful. It was like a honeymoon for all the couple. Imagine, we all have individual tent to spend the night with each other.

Hah! That was simply romantic.

No comments: