I went home early today, 2pm to be exact, but instead of being happy I was actually sad. Our client failed to comply our requirements and now, the project will be delayed. For normal project, delays are inevitable and should be okay. But this one is not. It's irritating to think that I cancelled my scheduled vacation (upon the request of the customer) just to rush this project... only to realize that they are not ready. Grrrr!!!!! (lightning and thunders!!!!)
Frustrated with my work, I shelve my laptop and decided not to open it the rest of the week. I would rather pick up my camera and enjoy with my hobby.
* * * * * * * * *
I went to Takashimaya at around 7pm. 
I learned from the Photonski forum about
the talent/beauty search for
The New Paper's New Face 2006 - and tonight will be the final show. Some photonski guys were already there when I arrived. But like me, they were not lucky to get a nearer spot. No choice, we positioned ourselves at the far end. That was okay with me. At least, I could test the efficiency of my new tora-tora under low light condition and at long range.
I got good shots and was enough for wide angle picture. But for close up shots with the contestants, the range was just simply too far. Later in the show, we decided moved to the side and tried to salvage any available space among the Clubsnap photographers. We managed to get two space, though.
If
you ask me how was the competition? I would simply aswer... the production was great. I couldn't say the same with the contestant except perhaps for two or three. Well, we all know that the locals have great skin, complexion, and body... but not the face. Oh, I am not saying that they are not pretty - they are!!! It's just that they are not my typical pretty face the way I expect in national competitions in the Philippines.
Beauty, anyway, is in the eye of the beholder.
I have posted some photos in my gallery. You may like to visit my site at:
http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/NewFace2006
* * * * * * * * *
We did not finish the show - we left after two catwalks. And with Che and Helyzer, we proceed to Splanade to meet fellow photonski buddies - Tolitz, Tonski and Arjie. We had dinner there! Later, Jared joined us. Melvin also drop by but didn't stay.
It's really nice to be with group. We had fun talking just anything under the moon, and we had fun watching people around us. I was particularly interested with the sexy ladies who were strutting around with skimpy skirt and blouse. They were dancers from a nearby Salsa Dance promotion outfit.
And you know what? I asked the girls to pose for me (kapal ko talaga) and they did!
The catch? I have to dance salsa with them at the makeshift dancefloor. Ayun, napasubo!
I grind my fat ugly body with this tall caucasian lady (not in the pic) and the lady in the right (see pic). I didn't care if I don't know how to dance. Anyway, there were others who were in the same predicament. What's more important was the chance for me to go dancing with these pretty ladies. Hehehe.. I could make "tsansing" (advances) during body turns. hehehehe. tsarapp!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment