Saturday, December 9, 2006

opportunities

Last week, I received a call asking me to update my CV in the jobstreet website. I ignored the call thinking this may just be a phishing scam or just some prankster who wanted to have some good time. But this morning, I got another call and the person on the other line sounds serious. He introduced himself as a headhunter for a large multi-national company and was asking if I could come to their office for an opportunity discussion. I don't know what comes into my mind but I said yes. Not only did I agree to visit them, I set it today in the afternoon. I was confident I could go back to the office in time because their place was across the next tower.

The interview was fine. We didn't talk much on my technology knowledge but he rather opted to explored more on my management skills and project management experience. He mentioned about several opportunities in the team - 5 actually - and emphasizes on the need for a team leader. I was cautious not to sound too confident and too cocky with my answered. I have to make sure that I don't send a wrong signal. Honestly, I am interested with the position and I was hoping that he would offer it to me. Before we parted, he said that he may ask med to come back for a final interview with his boss.

On the way home, I was still thinking of the opportunity that was just opened to me when I received an unregistered call. I readily answered the phone thinking it was a call from our Support in the US. But I was surprised when the caller introduced himself as CA recruiter for London. Huh! Why would a headhunter from UK call me? I was expecting a call from John of Australia, Winnie from China, and Piyush from the US because I have several issues that needs resolution - and not from UK! Tsk tsk tsk.

Nevertheless, I talked to the guy and we discuss on the opportunity of moving to the Manchester City. He was particularly interested with my implementation skill and architecture experience with Unicenter and eTrust. If I would accept the offer, he would facilitate my transfer from Singapore to UK and would take care of my accommodation. Gee... this one was really good! Huh!

Ah! bahala na si batman! Basta, pray na lang ako ang let Him decide where should I go next.


No comments: