Sunday, December 31, 2006

scrooge

Tonight, I was watching cable TV when I bump onto a cartoon channel showing the classic Charles Dickens's Ghost of Christmas. I know the story and have seen hundreds of interpretation and heard it over and over I couldn't count how many. Just a slight hint and I could easily identify the story, and by instinct I would automatically moved to something else... just to avoid it. But not tonight! For some reason, I watch the show, and you know what? It stuck into my heart! Ayouhh!!!

I started thinking, what have I become after all these years? I haven't celebrated real Christmas for the past six years, been away with my family and love ones, was alone for quite sometime, and worse, I was cutting off my "line" with my Maker. I've stopped creating real friends and stop talking to my old friends, too. Gee... I am becoming a Scrooge!!!

I remember when I was young, I was hyperactive organizing Christmas activities in our community, lead a bunch of teenagers on charity works, and spend a lot of my time in the church. Even after these years, I could still remember how happy I was and was never tired because of too much excitement and adrenaline rush. More importantly, I have lots of real friends and we were "closer" to our Maker. But that was my Christmas past!

Now, I am "celebrating" Christmas alone. I didn't bother decorating my house and never thought of packing Christmas gifts. I thought, I don't have visitors anyway and don't have anyone to worry for gifts. Hus! I am getting callous! Is this my Christmas present?

I don't need the spirit of Christmas to show me my Christmas future! I got the message and I felt it! I know it's no coincidence that I watch that ole TV show! My Maker is calling me and he wants me back!

No comments: