Yep, I was alone in Singapore but I greeted the brand new year together with over a hundred thousand strangers at the Marina Bay. Countdown celebrations were everywhere. Sentosa got one and was ideal for the beach party goers, Vivo city for the young and yuppies, at the National Museum for the artistically-inclined crowd, Clark Quay for the "hot" party goers, and of course the Marina Bay for the family and general crowd.
I initially planned to stay at Vivo city knowing that Media Corp will be throwing in a party. For sure, there celebrities will litter the place and I thought, this could be a good chance for me to shoot beautiful people and be with the young crowd. There just one problem though. I don't have a ticket ( I didn't know I need one)... hehehe... so no choice I went back to the Marina Bay. Fireworks would be much spectacular, I console myself!
I arrived at the Esplanade at around 9pm. To my surprise, I saw an ocean of people sprawling all over the place from the edge of the breakwater up to the entrance of Esplanade. I was expecting fewer people because there was drizzle that occasionally turns to short rain shower. Huh! And I was late to get a good spot at the Nicolls Highway Bridge - you can even get through.
No other option left, I decided to go up the Benjamin Sheares Bridge. It's a good spot because it captures the Singapore Skyline
but with one hitch - you need to walk/climb for over a kilometer. That's would be challenging if you carry a 15-kilo camera gears and tripod.
Well, the effort pays off. Not only I have taken beautiful and spectacular fireworks, I also captured beautiful photos of the Singapore Skyline.
Here's the sample of Singapore Skyline during the first salvo of fireworks.
More beautiful fireworks photos in my website...
http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/NewYear2007
No comments:
Post a Comment