Saturday, January 27, 2007

FHM - Sg version

You may not believe me but honestly, I am no fan of FHM magazines. I find the girls in the pictures too flawless and too perfect they would not exist in real life. The stories are also too exaggerated most of it was tailor fitted just to satisfy the machismo of a typical "non-performing" boys. Well, I am more of an "action" type and wouldn't settle for reading and daydreaming.

But today, I changed my opinion! Hehehe. Yesterday, I got a tip from a fellow photo buddy that the local version of FHM Girl Next Door contestants would be presented at the Caltex House. That's just great. The place was just a block away from my current assignment, and without second thought, I brought my gears with me. (Imagine an office guy with tie carrying a big black heavy backpack!).

I missed the opening because the show started exactly at 12pm. Work was just too hectic and critical and I could not leave my colleague until all the work were completed. I didn't miss that much, though. And according to my buddy, there's nothing to see anyway. The contestant were just introduced in groups of 10 and were just asked to pose.

Well, the contestants were still around... individually posing for the photographers and male audiences. There were several dozens of them and were all trying to get as much votes from the on lookers. Not all contestants were FHM material. Of the 100 ladies, I could count with only my hands that I think are worthy. The rest were sad to say, should join a Halloween party.

You think I'm kidding? Here's one sample. Ah... on the contrary, I'll not post the picture here. It's just too scary. Just follow this link instead:

http://www.photonski.com/images/135040

There were few who stands out above the rest - three to be exact. And as expected, all the photographers were like bees circling these ladies. Fhm05aAt first, I tried to join them but I realize, there was no point taking pictures if there were people on the background. It would just ruin the photo. So I change strategy. I went on the backstage and befriend the organizers. Ako pa! I easily got access. Few minutes later, one lady came in to rest. I smiled at her and ask if she would like to get a vote in exchange for a pose. With no hesitation, the lady gladly poses and gave me a beautiful smile. After few pictures, I let her take her rest. I know she was tired and it wouldn't be nice if I bother her.

I just stayed on the backstage. I know, these ladies will eventually get back. And I was right! After 30 minutes in that place, I have taken pictures of at least 15 ladies. Of course, not of all them are good pictures. I could not refuse when someone would volunteer to pose, even if I don't like it. I don't want to appear picky. Anyway, i'll delete the pictures when I reach home. hehehe.

Here's my favorite FHM babe:


More pictures in

http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/FHM_Caltex





No comments: