A long day ahead.
I know I will have a long day ahead, but I woke up excited and full of anticipation. Who wouldn't be? In the morning, we will be opening our 1st Pinoygraphers@Sg Photo Exhibit at the SMU basement. And the rest of the day, we will be covering as the official photographers of the 109th Philippine Independence Day celebration in Singapore. We were advised that we will also cover for the photo session with the Filipino celebrities who will grace the celebration.
When I reached the place at around 8:30 AM. the activities had already started and the place was already crowded with so many Pinoys. So many - you would think, it's Manila. And the mere sight of Filipinos of different walks of life gathered in one place and celebrating a common festive mood, exults happiness on one's heart. Ambassador Anota and Consul General Belen, along with dozens of government dignitaries litters the place. They shed all their formalities and simply joined the crowd as normal Pinoy and enjoy the festivities. Of course, majority of those who attended were our fellow Pinay DH... and they were there primarily because of the John Lloyd.
How about our exhibit, you would ask. Yes, we opened our work of art during the celebration. Not only that our group had a booth in the fair, but we were actually given the whole end of the trade fair area to exhibit our pictures. We had so many viewers that we had to manage the audience just avoid crowding the place too much. I could say, we "wowed" them and even excited their enthusiasm on photography. And when they asked us what is the prerequisite to be a member, we all answered "just have a camera and a burning passion with photography".
This is the first gathering of the Pinoygraphers@Sg and I was surprised with the attendance of the members. I saw more than a dozen new faces wearing our uniform and they were all holding camera on their hand. They very active and never in one second hesitated helping in the preparation of the exhibit, help during the photo coverage of the activities, and mingle with the crowd as the official photographers. Watching them from a distance, I just smiled and remember myself a year back. I was also an eager beaver just like them.
Me...? I enjoyed the activity too. I met a lot of girls among the crowd. Those girls that I met may not sport the good looks compared to the nurses that I dated, but gee... when you talk to girls, you will realize that they are far better person than their appearance says. They knew life to the fullest and understand the subtlety of good friendship and family. I admire their honesty and purity of heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment