Monday, June 11, 2007

go or not go?

It looks like I'm gonna be seeing the dunes of Arabian Peninsula sooner than I expected.

I received a call from Mr. Hani Sabawi this afternoon. He confirmed with me the appointment for the job and tried to haggle a bargain with the package offer. He explained that the cost of living the Middle East haven't change since I left the place four years ago. Given the gross salary that will be given to me and the perks of accommodations of the villa where I will be staying, Hani calculated that I will still be able to save a sizable amount. He mentioned about the non monetary benefits that I could enjoy and the relaxed environment that I will be experiencing the work place. He explained that he wanted to keep the cost of the project within the budget and don't want to create the large disparity of salary between me and the other workers.

Bottom line, he was asking a reduction of 30% from the original offer.

No comments: