What would you do if someone offers you a job twice your existing salary plus 30% for accommodation? The answer is .... GRAB IT, STUPID!
How I wish it would be that simple. But... huhuhu.. it's not.
Two months ago, I got a letter from a recruitment agency in Canada asking me if I would like to "explore" the idea of working back in the Middle East. Since the recruitment agency comes from my home place and I know the headhunter personally, I "carelessly" agreed. I send my resume, and my actual remuneration package here in Singapore. Little did I know that my headhunter submitted my papers to Saudi Arabia and I got singled out as the candidate for job offering.
Then last week, I got a call from Maureen informing me that the employer would be calling me on Saturday for an interview. They did call last Saturday (oh.. I was in a date with Amanda that time) and they put me on a speaker phone then throw a bunch of questions about CA products. I didn't take the interview seriously (who would?) because I was busy with my date. But I managed to answer their questions promptly and direct to the point. The funny thing, I personally know one of the interviewers (he was my colleague in Saudi) and I was just answering the questions as if I was talking to a friend.
Honestly, I didn't remember the interview at all. All I recall about Saturday was my fantastic date.
Come Monday, I received an email from Maureen. The title was simple: Negotiation Time. And the body of the letter says: please advice the best time to call you about package negotiation.
Whoaah! Surprise suprise...! I couldn't believe this is truly happening.
This afternoon. I got a call from Canada - from John my headhunter - informing me of the package offer. How much? Twice of what I am receiving in Singapore plus 30% of my salary for housing and transpo allowance. Hah. Now I am worried. Should I bite the offer? Think ... think... think...
Pro: good money
Cons: no camera, no girls, no booze, no movies, NO LIFE!
WAAAAAHHHHH................
No comments:
Post a Comment