Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cancelled Qassim Visit

As co-founder of the First Qassim Toastmaster Club, it was my duty to visit the club at least once and then conduct educational sessions that would help the club grow. This is one responsibility that I have not done yet since the chartering of the new club.

TM Jay and I schedule a visit today at Buraidah to attend the FQTM meeting. As assistant governor for Education, I prepared two educational sessions and I also laid out some club success plan for the club officers to use as guide.

Every thing was set when an unexpected emergency call from the office set my schedule into shambles. Last night - past midnight - my boss called up and requested me to report in the office. We have a severity 1 problem at the airport and we need to restore the system within 24 hours. I tried to call TM Jay around 3am but he was already asleep . Then early morning at 6am, I called him again and inform him about my situation. TM Jay silently said, he will still go to Buraidah.

I felt sad because I let down my Area Governor. I know, though, that he understand that this is beyond my control.

No comments: