Saturday, October 2, 2010

Meeting the Comsofil BOD

Last week, TM Erlinda confided that the Comsofil's Board of Directors (BOD) accused me of setting up an organization that may directly compete with Comsofil. They said, Shutter's Guild (SG) has plans of teaching Advance Classes and would take the pool of students from Comsofil.

This false accusation shot my blood to sky high. It is not fair that they would make resolution or decide on anything affecting the SG without giving us due process. The way things are moving with Comsofil, I know they will never give us the chance. Hence, I decided to seek for an audience with the BOD to explain who we are. It was not easy to get the pass because initially, there was a resistance (I heard, coming from Ekart, Domeng Herras and Nora Lao) and only after the president (who was close to me) assured them that I will be neutral, they allowed my presence.

And yes indeed, tonight I stood my ground infront of 16 Comsofil BODs and presented my case. I tried to be polite but Ekart and Benjie gave me a hard time. They throw the kitchen sink, the toilet bowl and all the bad things towards me.

The meat of their inquisition are:
1. SG is directly positioning itself to compete with Comsofil
2. SG is affiliated with Filcom-IT. They claimed that they have evidence
3. SG is using the name of Comsofil without due authorization
4. Me as Comsofil instruction, has conflict of interest because I object to the idea of offering advance classes within Comsofil. They claim that I am planning to do this under SG.

In retaliation, I responded that all these accusations are false. I pointed out that:
1. SG does not compete with Comsofil because all it's member are graduates of Comsofil digital photo class
2. SG is not exclusive and hence may be affiliated to any organization not just Filcom-IT. SG will provide help or service to any community organization whenever invited.
3. SG members are product of Comsofil, hence they can and will use the Comsofil name whether the BOD likes it or not. I argued that unless there is a rule or resolution to say "do not use", we will continue.
4. I argued that photography advance classes is a wide province. Offering such classes would require heavy investments on gears, tools, and would require students to spend hours outside the classroom. Comsofil is not prepared for such requirement.

Despite answering all the question (and bad words) thrown to me, it seems that I failed to convince the two hyenas in the board - namely Ekart and Benjie Cabaya. When they run out of English word, they switch to native tongue (Tagalog) just to try running me to the ground. Combatant and defiant to the end, I stood tall and depended myself. I reminded them that this session should not be an inquisition but a session of clarification. After an hour of exchange of heated arguments, president Buddy finally broke his silence and allowed me to leave the session. He assured me that they will abide with the status quo until further notice.

After leaving the meeting, I felt relieved. Upon witnessing the BOD up close and personal, I now understand what are the kind of people who harangue the likes of TM Erlinda, TM Marlyn, TM Joseph, TM Rod, and Celso. Most of these so called officers are wanna-bees and posers, and I would like to emphasize - unqualified!

I felt so bad with they way they treated me in the session, I promised to run as Board of Director this coming December. I know I can win, and should it be granted... these amphibians will have there day in the sun.

No comments: