I was seated comfortably inside the MRT train on my way home when I felt a sudden spike of pain in my stomach. I tried to ignore it thinking, it's just gas. But i was wrong. In less than a minute, a soft rumbling started to roll all over my stomach and more than that, I started to sweat cold and my skin hair were starting to stand.
"This is bad", I thought. I had just passed by Aljunied station and there are four more station before my destination.
But the pain started to take a bite on my senses... and as soon as the station reached Paya Lebar, I jump out of the train coach and dashed like wild hyena towards the exit. And great! I couldn't find the rest room (the station was under renovation). I still have to go back to the ticketing booth and ask where the toilet is. As soon as the "uncle" pointed the direction, I turn around - forgot to say thanks - and run.
Whew, finally... success!
* * * * * *
What had just happened?
Few hours ago, I went out to meet some friends whom I haven't seen for quite sometime. We had fun together and we decided to go out for dinner. Our choices? hmm... Laksa (a local delicacy of coconut milk & noodles) with oysters, century eggs, and prata. I devoured the century eggs and most of the laksa. And I guess that was the culprit!
* * * * * *
Fifteen minutes later, I was on the train again. I though, I had released all the toxin in my stomach... and once again I was wrong. With just one station before my destination, that familiar pain started to hit my stomach again. No choice I have to bear all the pain and wait until I reach my station in Bedok.
Don't ask me what happen next. You guess it right, I run like a mad dog towards the comfort room.
Hah! Laksa with oysters and century eggs? Never again!
No comments:
Post a Comment