I wake up early this morning. I was a bit excited because we have a scheduled bikini photo shoot at Sentosa with my colleague in Photobongbong. Last Monday, I planned a bikini photoshoot and asked Glenn to provide the models. At first we were not sure if we can pull off the plan but with some little luck, we were able to confirmed the schedule with ladies on Saturday.
Actually, I also have another outdoor photoshoot schedule. This one was a street photography with my original group the Photonski. Tonski invited me to join them and even send an text message of confirmation. That was careless of me because I didn't check my schedule and totally forgot that I organized a bikini shoot at the same day. I know this would make Tonski and Tolitz feel bad, but I have no choice. I canceled street photography in favor of the bikini photoshoot.
The guys were already there when I arrived in Vivo City at the Harbour Front. I was glad to see that there were only 7 shooters and 2 models. Though only Vivien (who prefers to be called Susie) showed up at Vivo City, Didith called and promised to follow at Sentosa.
We started at Tanjung Beach under the shades of coconut trees. 
Susie who stands 5 feet 10 inches was simply stunning as she pose among the tree trunks. Honestly, I was so mesmerized with her beauty that I didn't shoot during the first half hour. I simply stayed from a distance and watch her move with the photographers. I borrowed the Sports Illustrated calendar from Blenda and choose the poses that would best fit for Vivien. Then joined with the group and started shooting.
My colleagues knows that when I am holding a camera and shooting a model, I could be demanding and particular with details. I was always conscious on how and where the hair falls, and how the model position their arms, fingers and jaw line. I guess they agree with what I was doing because they allowed me to direct the tempo and they would wait for the right moment before starting to fire their camera.
Didith joined with us at around 1pm. We had lunch first at Kuofu food court and after an hour later, we transfered to a location along the breakwater of Palawan Beach. We spend hours at the rocks exploring some pose that would blend with their bikini and body color tone. We were interrupted for an hour because of rain but managed to get back to the beach line before 6pm.
It was just the right timing to get the ladies into the water and shoot for wet look. The sun was 10 degrees on the horizon and the color cast of the sky was light orange.
I explored the use of ND gradient filter to separate the strong contrast between the sky and water, and coupled it with polarizer to diffuse the effect of water reflection. Then I asked Didith to lay down on the sand and waited for the waves to hit her body before firing my camera. It was not easy as you think. I have to lay down at the sand too to get a parallel perspective with the model. Needless to say, I got wet and and so as my gears. Good thing I have a weather sealed lens and camera body. hehehhe...
It was almost 8pm when we called it a day. I enjoyed the photo shoot and had taken almost 6GB of pictures. With an extra 1GB more, I could have taken more photos but it was already too dark and the resulting picture is no longer acceptable.
We had dinner at Food Republic. We were happily reviewing our day's activity when Susie notice that I was no longer wearing my watch. Arrgh! I left my Seiko Kinetic Titanium 4 at the Shower room. It pains me because that's my remembrance from Saudi Arabia and my first $1k treasure. Huhuhu... ang sakit.
No comments:
Post a Comment