Friday, April 4, 2008

camels

Two hours later...

The swarm of cars along the busy Damman Road has thinned out. You could count with your hand the number of cars along the long stretch of sun-baked four-lane expressway. No more buildings on the sideways except for small mud-brick shelters for shepherds.

It's a long and lonely road they may say, but for a first timer like me the desert dunes and herd of camels along the highway was a sight to behold. I even made a 30-minute stop just to take pictures of camel! hah! Querr? Nah, I was just curious and excited to see so many camels.

How do camel look like in the wild? Hmm... they look like... just like camels. Hehehe.. Kidding aside, they may look all the same from afar but upon closer inspection, you will easily distinguish one from another by the subtle difference in color and shape of the face. I didn't know this before, did I?

Two more stops, before I finally zoom down to Al Khobar. At an average running speed of 150kph, I arrived in Al Khobar in less than 4 hours, and that is including the three stops I made for the camel. Gee... I forgot one thing. I should have taken a portrait of myself with the camels. Wahahahaha...

No comments: