Friday, April 4, 2008

Road Trip to Dammam

I woke up early today, err.., I should say I sleep less last night. On a regular weekend, you can expect to see me snooring on my bed until 10am. But today is different. I couldn't sleep well because there was too much adrenaline in my body and my heart was pumping with excitement. I will take my road trip today, hhehe.. and I am "sky"ted, really!

Two things preoccupied my mind. First, I am excited and at the same frightened with the thought of taking my first long distance drive alone. For the entire trip, that would be a whooping 1200 kilometers or more. Gee, I never tried driving more than 200 km in one setting, and now I am doing it in a foreign land and alone. Huwahhh! Second, I extremely excited of testing my new Canon 40D in Bahrain F1 Grand Prix. It's been quite some time since I last shoot for F1 races and I am half-hearted if I still have the skills to do it. You see after rotting for six months in Saudi Arabia, I had this strange feeling that I am loosing my touch with photography. Duh, I guess there only one way to find out. Test it!

I left Riyadh at around 9am.

I took the Dammam Road via Exit 8. Khurais Road would be a shorter way but I don't know what Exit to take. Anyway, both roads eventually leads to Al Khobar then Bahrain.

No comments: