Saturday, March 17, 2012

Area 22 Contest


Beautiful contest, I could say.

It was one of the best Area contests that I have seen in Riyadh.  With Syed Asfaq at the helm, the flow of the activity was smooth and there was never any major disruption.  I admit I do not agree with Syed's dictatorial style on running the show particularly on seating arrangements, but I would certainly give him credit for enforcing discipline among the audience.  Except for lengthy and unnecessary introductions, everything was perfect.

Myself, TM James, TM Delfin, TM Romwald, TM Buddy, TM Shaun, and TM Roi were among the judges who served during the contest.  During the distribution of awards and certificates, I made fun with TM Roi that he is only known in the Indian community as the TM who is infected with HIV (Hair is Vanishing) and the speaker who climb the ladder.  I gloated that most Indian Toastmasters introduced me as "the best active Filipino  Toastmaster in Riyadh, a champion speaker, an excellent leader, an educational master, a superb mentor, the one and only... "   TM Joem simply smiled when Roi grunt in disbelief.  hehehhehe


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: