Emerson called early this morning to bent his frustration and anger. I learned that he already knew that there are quarters in SG that wants him out. He was of course furious of the news. I tried to pacify him by simply listening to what he was saying. When he started to cool down, I made a jest that maybe he is going the Steve Jobs way - kick out in Apple but redeemed himself back. He just laugh but didn't agree with me.
Further during our talk, he lay down his beef with the group. He said, he felt useless that nobody listens to him, and he observed that he is often dismissed as nuisance rather an adviser. This, he claimed, does not dwell well with him. He took it as an insult because he is the founder.
I tried my best to stay calm during the entire conversation. When he is angry, I just listen. I didn't argue with his claims or angst to avoid flaming the emotion. He even displayed the audacity to claim that he owns Shutters Guild, that he is Shutters Guild, that it is his Shutters Guild, and that we should stop using the name Shutters Guild we build our own. The words were hurtful but I just let it pass. I even poke a joke that "kasama ba ako sa aalis?", which he politely said that I am not included.
The last straw of my patience started to crack when he questioned my leadership skills. He blamed me for being too lenient with the team. He claimed that I allowed Norman to lord over SG. "Feeling ni Norman, siya ang SG", Emerson said.
I wanted to shout and curse Emerson for the folly that he said. I want to crush him and show to his face that SG is nothing without my effort. But I didn't. I know there is time for such and today it not that day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Further during our talk, he lay down his beef with the group. He said, he felt useless that nobody listens to him, and he observed that he is often dismissed as nuisance rather an adviser. This, he claimed, does not dwell well with him. He took it as an insult because he is the founder.
I tried my best to stay calm during the entire conversation. When he is angry, I just listen. I didn't argue with his claims or angst to avoid flaming the emotion. He even displayed the audacity to claim that he owns Shutters Guild, that he is Shutters Guild, that it is his Shutters Guild, and that we should stop using the name Shutters Guild we build our own. The words were hurtful but I just let it pass. I even poke a joke that "kasama ba ako sa aalis?", which he politely said that I am not included.
The last straw of my patience started to crack when he questioned my leadership skills. He blamed me for being too lenient with the team. He claimed that I allowed Norman to lord over SG. "Feeling ni Norman, siya ang SG", Emerson said.
I wanted to shout and curse Emerson for the folly that he said. I want to crush him and show to his face that SG is nothing without my effort. But I didn't. I know there is time for such and today it not that day.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment