Thursday, April 20, 2006

My family is here

I am excited.  Not just excited but extremely sky-ted.  That overwhelming feeling of excitement that is reaching limits of the sky.  Why? I'll be seeing my family after over year now.  What makes it more interested is the idea of seeing my daughter.  Gee, I wonder how does she looks like?  Me or her mom?

                   *                     *                    *                    *
I woke up very early today. I spend the entire morning cleaning the house and more importantly, I did a meticulous "cleaning" of all leftovers that my girls has left behind.   I checked my closet and throw away all  ladies clothes, got rid of all female toiletries, napkins, panties, then I checked the sala to dispose of all female reading materials and any materials that my link to any of my girls.   Mind you, I had been doing this routine since last week in anticipation for the arrival of my family.  Today was just a final sweep of whatever I have missed.

Around lunch time, I went to Sing Song and bought groceries and lots of household items. I also cooked Sinigang na Tyan ng Baboy (Pig Belly Sour Soup) and Adobo.  Food must be ready when they arrive.

                   *                     *                    *                    *
3pm @ the Changi International Airport.   I was restless I as I scanned impatiently the incoming passengers from the arrival area.   It's not yet time, I  know but, I was just edgy. 

As the time nears, the excitement was turning into a creepy feeling of anxiety. I didn't understand why but something in my third sense told me that trouble is brewing at the horizon. I fought back by trying to brush it away. I thought, this might just be my fears haunting me that my wife will eventually discover how naughty I am here in Singapore.  I have to act normal and lie to the teeth if necessary.

                   *                     *                    *                    * 

I easily saw Pinky from the distance.   I tried to wave my hands to get her attention but she didn't saw me. She stopped on one corner and bend down towards a baby girl.   I guess, she was combing my daughter hair to ensure that Jasmine would look at her best for our first meeting.  

Few minutes later, my two girls showed up at the arrivals door.   I gave my wife a big hug and a kiss and then take a look a wondering little girl Jasmine. She was actually staring at me sharply and was trying to push me away from her mommy.   I just smile and say hello.   My daughters first reaction was to move away and hid behind her mother.   We stayed for a while at the arrival lounge.  Pinky put Jasmine on top of their luggage and allow her to continue staring at me.  I took a photo of my daughter who didn't smile a bit.  

I just smile with amusement and happiness upon seeing my daughter for a long time.  The last time I saw her was over a year ago when she was barely three months.  I was happy that she is now a big girl and looks like her dad.

On our way home, I tried to touch Jasmine foot but she would readily withdraw it away from me.  When I was looking, she would try to touch me... to may amazement.  I guess, my daughter was excited and interested to know who is this big man.  

No comments: