Saturday, April 8, 2006

the other side...


Paparazzi... ever heard of the word, or better yet... met a real one? Well, today I just did!

My photo buddy had already informed me that the Fashion show at Paragon was for the "high-end" and by invitation only. What I didn't know was that only official photographers were allowed to take pictures. Meaning, the rest of us were just have to watch! And you think we'll gonna settle for that? Definitely not, of course.

I notice one of the "unofficial" photographers went to the second floor and hid behind the boom lights. Then another one went to the third floor and stayed in a coffee shop? Hmm... that was a good idea, wasn't it? So I went to the fourth floor and hid behind the planters and started shooting. But I guess, I choose a wrong spot. The place was simply too far that even with 300mm lens, I couldn't get any close up shots. All I got were "wide angle" and to make it worse, my subject's faces were all "looking" downward.

Not satisfied with my early results, I moved to the second floor and took few pictures but when I saw a security office coming, I immediately shove my camera in my bag. I was safe! Whew, and continued shooting. Five minutes later, a man in plain clothes whispered on my ears.. "Sir, would you like me to assist you outside"? Huli! The officer was polite and did explained the situation very well. He then asked me to delete all my shots and... he wants to see it done. Gee! what can I do? I didn't want to get into trouble.

He allowed me though, to go back to watch the show, but... I have to go down to the ground level where all the rest of the guys were staying. They were all smiling, when I saw them. I learned that all of us had to "erase" our photos.

What was the show all about, by the way? Just a top caliber haute couture show, and see-through evening gown. Skin? Yeah... and lots of it. Sayang! I could not snap a picture even for just one of them.

Here's what I have recovered from those "deleted" photos. If I have to rate the technical aspect - mediocre. The artistic aspect - very poor.

Paragon02aParagon04_copyParagon01_copy

Now, I know how hard it it is be a paparazzi. I'll NEVER be one of them - nada, ever!



No comments: