Saturday, December 15, 2007

checkup

I didn't tell you, I went to Al Hammadi Hospital yesterday to get a reading of my BP and also to complain my severe headaches. I already fainted last Thursday and then another one this afternoon. I suspect, this could be caused by the change of weather and stress in my workplace. And just to be sure, I went to see a doctor last week. I would rather have a false alarm than realize later that I am seriously ill.

And you know what happened? The doctor simply give me paracetamol and didn't even perform diagnosis. Hah! I objected of course and told him that I wanted to be sure. The *sshole, just ignore me and replied that nothing is serious, then leave. I was really mad. I paid for the consultation and what I get is BP reading and couple of paracetamol? I was about to complain to the administration office when a Filipina nurse explained that this is how the doctors do their job here. She explained that even if I complain, it will just fall onto deaf ears.

In consolation, the nurse set up an appointment for me with a specialist - an Internist - and then brought me to another place where I found a Filipina doctor. Only that time where I felt relieve. The doctor gave me some advice to prepare a concoction of apple cider vinegar, garlic and honey then take one teaspoon 3x per day. I also need to relax during this holiday and avoid long trips. In parting, she still advised me to see an Internist next week.

Before leaving the hospital, I pass by at the nurse station and thanks the nurse who took care of me. She was so amused with me that she even gave me her number. Her name is Maline

No comments: