After several months of contemplation, I decided last Nov 30 to upgrade my PBase account. My purpose was to get more hits and solicit more comments on my gallery to help me improve my skills.
It was a difficult decision because I have an existing pro account with www.photonski.com and moving to another website would mean changing my calling cards and contacts. Though the process of uploading pictures is easy, what is difficult is making the presentation look good. I know by experience that if you randomly post your picture, you'll never get any attention. A very nice and neat presentation of picture always get a lot of attention.
Well, the efforts and toils was all worth it. In just under 20 days, I already got 17 thousand hits. I also got a chance to build a network here in Saudi Arabia. Everything was fine except for one. My site was registered as a page which started since Sep 2004. I didn't mind it at first but after sometime, I didn't like the idea that my website is already three years old where in fact, it's just 20 days old.
So last week, I wrote an email to PBase requesting them to change the "join date" to Nov 30. They replied that this field is not dynamic and could not be changed. They suggested to create a new account and they will move all my existing gallery and comments except for the hit count. No choice, I created a new account and wrote them a letter to proceed with transfer.
My old pbase account was www.pbase.com/nathan_amores
The new one is www.pbase.com/nathanamores
No comments:
Post a Comment