I barely have three hours sleep this morning when I woke up. I still want to wallow in my bed but I have to get ready because we are going to the Red Sand today. Well, I am not alone in my predicament. All my friends - Dowin, Kuya Danny, Ate Beth, Ate Janet and their respective family also got less than 4 hours sleep because we went home late last night from a party at Kuya Ritcho. 
Anyway, we left the our place at around 9am and reached the Red Sands at around 11am. The climate was good: wind chill is around 10 deg, temperature at 12 deg and we have overcast sky. And the good thing, sand temperature is less than 10 degrees which makes it appear reddish - orange actually.
We had a good time there. The kids were running and rolling over the sand dunes and hills while the couples stayed on a sand hill making chika-chika.
And me? Hehehe... a typical photographer indeed. I surveyed the place and scout for some nice subjects and objects to shoot. Well, I got lucky I found a sand falls on a 10-foot cliff, and also discover several 3 to 6 inches sand gorge formations on that same cliff. At first, I didn't find the subject interesting.
I took several wide angle shot and didn't like it. But when I start taking close up shots, I begin to like the output. I climb on the cliff and halfway, I took a photo of the sand falls. Then at the top portion, I took hundreds of macro shots of that 6-inch sand formations. Taking those photos was difficult. I have to lie down flat on the sand (I could breath some of the sand) just to get the right perspective view of the gorges. When I finish, my pants, shirts, socks and shoes were filled with red sands. But it's all worth it.
Now tell me if you can tell that the sand falls is just 3 feet deep? And the sand cliffs is just 6 inches tall? The car that you saw in the Sand Cliffs was superimposed and not at scale.
The magic of photoshop, eh!
No comments:
Post a Comment