Sometimes, sinners like me need to take a break from his wayward ways and reconcile with his Maker. And this season of Christmas is one of the best times of doing it. I don't need to confess with you that I am a sinner. If you've been reading my blog for sometime, I'm sure you have already condemned me as big fat sinner with nothing inside but self gratification and a womanizing ways. Believe me; I am not proud of that. Just that, I don't write about the soft side of me often because of the obvious reason - it's boring. I'll make an exception today.
Kuya Manny gave me a wake me up at around 10am. I was informed that we will be holding weekly fellowship today instead of Friday, and not only that, we are not having a regular service work but tabernacle worship. Hmm ... That's new, I thought. I've never attended tabernacle worship and I have no idea what it is. This should be good.
The worship service started at around 1:30pm. Our pastor Ferdie prayed over us and then we started praising and singing. It's a good feeling - it's always been - because worship song soothes my heart from anxiety and pain. But honestly, I was quite surprise with the worship format today. Instead of a the regular 45-minute of singing and praising which is followed by Word or sermon, we actually spend all our time with singing, praising and prayer, and more singing, praising and prayers.
The devil must be working hard on me, because for the 1st hour of the worship, my mind was floating somewhere else and my heart was never set on the worship at hand. And on the second hour, I was already daydreaming of sex, fetish, and more girls. On the 3rd hour, I was thinking of my photography, my models, and all my travels. But, you see, our Maker doesn't allow His sons to be snatch that easily. On the 4th hour of worship, singing and prayers, He melted heart and put a lease on my thoughts. My mind was no longer astray and I only realize later that I was praying earnestly and full of heart. Hehehe... I guess, some of my horns had been chopped off and I earned a halo on my head.
Seriously, it's always great to be in communion with your Maker. Don't take my word. Experience it!
No comments:
Post a Comment