Saturday, January 5, 2008

muslim wedding

... continued..

12:30 pm

Finally, everyone was ready for the Muslim Rites. The couple together with their entourage gathered in a large tent beside the main reception hall. I was surprise, wondering why we are not inside the wedding hall. Then Ate Noreen asked me to take photos of the group, the sponsors, and the children. When I asked where the officiating Imam is, she answered - "nobody is officiating". They only want to get pictures and nothing more. Tsk, tsk, tsk. This is not a Muslim wedding but a photo session. Well, I just follow orders. Anyway, that's what I was paid for.

2:30 pm

I just learned that the formal wedding ceremony would start at 3:30pm, and not with their traditional Tausog clothes but with a formal Party Dress. The entourage changed their wardrobe with red-wine colored clothes, while the groom and bride in pure white tuxedo and wedding gown, respectively. Cere30And the size of the entourage had tripled, there were more principal sponsors, and the visitors swelled. [Chucks, I even saw Kuya Ferdie, Rey and Neil among the visitors].

While waiting for the ceremony to start, I busied myself taking pictures of everyone - group, portrait, pairs, family, and more.
And I also brush elbows with the visitors especially among the nurses from King Khalid Hospital. Hehehe... Jorgy boy, again! Contrary to what you are expecting, I was quite tamed that time. Yeah, I mingled with the ladies but never stick more than 5 minutes because I was busy taking pictures.

Click.. click.. click.. and more clicks. Finally, it was over after 7:30pm.

I reached home at 8:45, just changed clothes then drop dead in my bed. I was so exhausted.

-----

hey... you might like to help me improve my wedding photography skills. surely, I am lacking with this one. i would appreciate if you can visit my site and drop some comments.

http://www.pbase.com/nathan_amores/ali_ray


No comments: