Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chartering New Clubs

For the past three weeks, I was deeply involved with the chartering of two new clubs for Area 1.

First, the FILCOM-IT Toastmasters club with TM Rod Ganzon & Marilyn Costuna. This club will be the source of good speakers for FILCOM-IT and will be my baby club to nurture. The second is The Gold Toastmasters club - an Arabic speaking club - with TM Hassan Maghazel. I will be the sponsor but may not attend the club meetings. Hassan will do all the necessary works after the chartering.

Paper works in chartering is indeed challenging. We completed all the documents last August 8 and submitted it that day. But the papers came back because of some procedural defects, hence we re-submitted the papers days later. Both clubs were officially charted in Toastmasters International only on August 20, 2010.

By the way, this was not the first clubs where I became the sponsor. Last July 21, a new club under Area 5 was chartered. This club was named the PSME-CRSA & Friends Toastmasters Club. Area 5 governor TM James Taruc was my co-sponsor and was responsible for all the paper works.

Hehehe... now, I have sponsored three new TM clubs in less than two months period.

No comments: