Monday, August 23, 2010

Durook and some long lost classmates

Fidel called up last night and informed that our high school classmate Frederick Baynosa Jr, commonly known as Durook, is here in Saudi Arabia. Fidel told me that Durook is in Najran and may need our help.

This morning, I immediately called him and ask for information on his status. I was surprise to hear that voice was a bit gloomy and there were traces of frustration and desperation with the way he talk. I wasted no time, I readily cheer him up and promised to extend help whenever possible. I think it works. After an hour in the phone, he was already positive and upbeat when we said good byes. He even told me that our classmates Mariano Mondragon and Joel Aguirre may be here in Saudi too.


With this new information, I tried to search the Internet for additional info about Mariano and Joel. Though I search for Mariano, I spend most of my afternoon looking for Joel. Honestly, I am still very interested with Joel because I have a beef to settle with him. Way back in 1998, Joel raped our adopted sister Winecyl. The case was dismissed because of the lousy handling of our attorney.

The day ended with no significant progress with my search.

That night, I told my wife about this. Mommy just smiled and kiss me on the check. "Be thankful and be happy. God gave you a good life and despite all the trials you had in your earlier days, you made it through and you had been successful."

For the first time in my life... I just realized how fortunate I am that God showered me with His blessings and protection.

No comments: