Officially, this would be my first busy Friday of the year.
We woke up early this morning to prepare for the annual Foundation of Palm Crest School. My daughter Jasmine has a part in the the field demonstration hence we were obliged to really to early. I bought my camera with me hoping I can get some good pictures. Well, I didn't. I left the venue an hour before the program started because of a speaking engagement. I left my camera with Tito Noel hoping he would take some pictures of my daughter.
* * * *
I was thirty minutes late for my speaking appointment with the Integrated Institute of Electrical Engineers. They were already in the middle of the program when I arrived and they wasted no time, they immediately revert to the original schedule. The seminar was formal and it was a pleasant surprise to see many familiar faces and some good friends from the Philippine embassy.
My task was to conduct a lecture on Parliamentary Procedure and at the same time facilitate a workshop on how to conduct a proper meeting. Upon seeing the participants, I was sure that there were a handful attendees who were familiar with the topic because they had attended my previous seminars. The rest were newbies and totally not familiar with the topic. That's why, there were sparkle in their eyes when they discover the hidden and unspoken rules of meeting. The discussion was made much livelier when I directed them to comment on the current affairs in the Philippines such as the Senate Investigation with the AFP Fund.
They enjoyed the lecture so much, we didn't realized we extended for over an hour. I immediately left after receiving a token of appreciation.
* * * *
I went back to the venue of Palm Crest foundation day celebration. I watch for few minutes then decided to take my family home. It was simply too hot and we were too hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment