I called up TM Willy to explain my side. I also cleared it out that he is not included in the list of those who I am angry at, and ensure him that it's just between me and James. Later in the morning, I responded to the buzz of TM Roi. I guess, he was surprised with the chilly exchange of emails. Like what I said to TM Willy, I told him that I was very disappointed with the way TM James handled my query. TM Roi warned me that the entire Area 5 officers were included in the mailing list, and thus it would not look good if we further exchange bad words. I assured him that I will stop replying on the email and ... move on. hehehee....
here's my last email reply to James:
Dear Mr Area Governor,
You are not the one who will be competing in the Area contest but we, the winners of the club contest. I would really appreciate if you have the temerity to ask if we are available on a scheduled date. You can simply do this through channels (our club officers) or you can speak to us directly. If you had been on our shoes - winners, then perhaps you would understand the feeling of what it is to be deprived of change to compete in the the area level.
For the record, I didn't ask in this email to move the date, but I simply requested for information on how the March 25 was selected.
And yes, I apologize because I didn't know that your role as Area governor calls for prerogative to decide on this matter. I would love to be corrected provided you can point this out in the Area Governor's manual or in the Toastmasters International rules. Lastly, as your assistant governor I would love to follow the direction of a leader in the Area, had I only found it.
Thank you for pointing out that as matured and professional Toastmasters we should move on. I will move on and remember that I was not given a change to compete because our leaders didn't inform us personally that resulted to conflict of schedule. Email is never an official way to inform your members, unless previously agreed.
Sincerely,
Nathaniel Amores, ACG/ALB
PICPA Riyadh Toastmasters Club Past President
Area 5 Asst Governor - Marketing
Division A Speakers Bureau Chief
From: James Taruc
To: TM Nat
Cc: TM ROi
Sent: Wed, February 9, 2011 1:39:34 PM
Subject: RE: REMINDER: Notice: Area Level Speech Contest (Area 5)
Dear TM Nathan,
It seems that from the moment I have sent the email on December 25, you failed to check this notice. I am just wondering right now, February 8, that you are poking this obvious question of yours...is it because you will be on vacation on that date and I failed to move it on your request?
You are sending this email because you will be a contestant in the area and not as an area officer who should have always the interest & enthusiasm to inquire in every Area activity.
The dates were agreed on by fellow Area Governors and it will remain as prerogative of the Area Governors, regardless of who the potential contestants are...whether they will be here on that date or no...As your AG, I believe that announcing the Area Contest date (March 25) have given the club presidents ample time to advise their club members.
I understand if you have bitterness that you could not compete in the Area Contest but this is life...as matured & professional toastmasters, we should move on...
James Edward S. Taruc, CC/ALB
Area 5 Governor, Division A, District 79
Toastmasters International
Contracting and Construction Enterprises (CCE)
Tel No.: 01-416 1122 x 2125; Fax No. 01-416 1948
Mobile No.: 055 020 5381
"Speak, for tomorrow is uncertain"
P How many trees were cut to make papers? Think twice before printing.
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 02:04:57 -0800
From: nathan_amores@yahoo.com
Subject: REMINDER: Notice: Area Level Speech Contest (Area 5)
To: tupusg_ovp@hotmail.com; marriam.khurram@gmail.com; sarwatahmad@yahoo.com; najmamakki@yahoo.com; fayyazashraf@yahoo.com; muhajjabah@yahoo.com; thoke@pscw.psu.edu.sa; sara.afif@yahoo.com; madawi.s.alafaliq@gmail.com; arwa_08_h@yahoo.com; rwteefa@gmail.com; arnold_valeriano@yahoo.com; reina.chrystia.5@gmail.com; pupung101@yahoo.com; engr_resty@yahoo.com; fortz03@yahoo.com; neil.reguine@gmail.com; marvin.mayo@hotmail.com; mba.alali@hotmail.com; zkenkar@hotmail.com; good.4.ever@hotmail.com; willyignacio@hotmail.com; willy@jarirbookstore.com; guillermodelmar@yahoo.com; gdelmar@pbad.sbg.com.sa
CC: roi@safari.com.sa; ericktapales@yahoo.com
Dear Mr. Area Governor,
I would like to request for information on how the date March 25 was identified as the Area 5 contest date. I as member of the Area 5 council was not informed about this nor there has been any Area council meeting to decide regarding this matter.
Should there be email correspondence to this effect, please do not assume that we all read emails daily. I would humbly request to call us or inform us personally.
Respectfully yours,
Nathaniel Amores, ACG/ALB
PICPA Riyadh Toastmasters Club Past President
Area 5 Asst Governor - Marketing
Division A Speakers Bureau Chief
I would like to request for information on how the date March 25 was identified as the Area 5 contest date. I as member of the Area 5 council was not informed about this nor there has been any Area council meeting to decide regarding this matter.
Should there be email correspondence to this effect, please do not assume that we all read emails daily. I would humbly request to call us or inform us personally.
Respectfully yours,
Nathaniel Amores, ACG/ALB
PICPA Riyadh Toastmasters Club Past President
Area 5 Asst Governor - Marketing
Division A Speakers Bureau Chief
No comments:
Post a Comment