Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello Singapore

Singapore Airlines flight SG 941 touched down at the Changi International Airport at around 6:30 in the morning.  It has been so long since I went back to my home base - over a year, I guess, and the scent of the cozy terminal gave me a mixed feeling of excitement and sadness.  Excitement because I will be seeing my friends again and sadness as well because I have to face the fact the my PR will soon expire.   

I didn't exit at the immigration immediately.  I stayed for almost an hour at the terminal and assisted my seat mate to find her transit flight to Cebu.  I tried to convince her to come with me since her flight would still be the following day.  Rather than stay bored at the terminal for 26 hours, she could spend the day with me and tour Singapore.   She was actually receptive to the idea and even agrees to share the hotel with me.  However after showing her the ins and outs of the beautiful Changi terminal and also assuring her that it is safe inside, she begs off on going out with me.  I politely bid goodbye and then proceed to the immigration area to pickup my baggage.

After showing my PR ID, the immigration officer stamped my passport without any question.  In less than a minute, I was already inside a yellow cab on my way to Hotel 81 Boon Keen.


No comments: