I got lots of items in my itinerary and I wanted to finish them all so I have extra time to watch movie. The first thing I did was to check out from Hotel 81 Boon Keen and transferred to Hotel 81 Baliester. I find the new place closer to my destinations and nearer to my "friends". Hhehehe...
First order of the day: Immigration and Checkpoint Authority. I arrived at ICA at around 11am and took me 10 minutes to wait before an immigration officer came to see me. She polite, accommodating and prompt. She easily understand my case and readily explained to me the rules of Singapore immigration. She said that my absence is Singapore is not a ground for rejection for renewal of Permanent Residence. As long as I have an active contribution to Central Provident Fund, then I can be renewed. In my case, because my employer is not based in Singapore then I don't have contribution to CPF. When I inquire if an individual can contribute directly to CPF, she answered no. Only registered Singapore companies can. She summarize my case as follows:
I left ICA office with heavy hearts.
First order of the day: Immigration and Checkpoint Authority. I arrived at ICA at around 11am and took me 10 minutes to wait before an immigration officer came to see me. She polite, accommodating and prompt. She easily understand my case and readily explained to me the rules of Singapore immigration. She said that my absence is Singapore is not a ground for rejection for renewal of Permanent Residence. As long as I have an active contribution to Central Provident Fund, then I can be renewed. In my case, because my employer is not based in Singapore then I don't have contribution to CPF. When I inquire if an individual can contribute directly to CPF, she answered no. Only registered Singapore companies can. She summarize my case as follows:
- I had been away in Singapore for so long - not a ground for disqualification
- I don't have contribution to CPF - a ground for disqualification
- I have an option to apply for temporary extension of 6 months to give time for me to find an employer in Singapore. I must be employed by a Singapore company during my application for renewal
- I have the option to withdraw or leave my CPF. It will earn interest if left untouched
- If I go back to Singapore, I can apply for PR again. If I am qualified, then I can get a PR. Losing my PR may not be a ground against my application for another PR.
I left ICA office with heavy hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment