I opened up with mom last night that I was hurt with the decision of leaving the Comsofil Board of Directors. Mom smiled and tried to cheer me up by saying "it's their loss, not your!".
I told mom about what transpire these few days and what were the feedback from the members of the Trustees. She was glad that they - Trustees - saw my leadership skills and had acknowledge my potentials. She warn though, that these same qualities could intimidate them because I am very assertive and outspoken. She explained that this is my character and these nothing that I can do to change it. It's either I live and use it for good or spend my life fighting these characteristics and fail to see the beauty it may bring to me.
Hmm... mommy was right. I should not dwell on the was already decided. I should be happy that I have served Comsofil as BOD from Jan to Jun even when at that time, I already breach the provision. I actually thought of disclosing to the Trustees that I had served as BOD, Asst Area Gov for Educ - Area 1, Asst Area Gov for Marketing - Area 5, and Speakers Bureau Chair all at the same time. I held back because doing so would appear that I was deceiving them and was showing off my arrogance!
Well... it's true, isn't?
Nevertheless, I was hurt with my departure from Comsofil BOD.
I told mom about what transpire these few days and what were the feedback from the members of the Trustees. She was glad that they - Trustees - saw my leadership skills and had acknowledge my potentials. She warn though, that these same qualities could intimidate them because I am very assertive and outspoken. She explained that this is my character and these nothing that I can do to change it. It's either I live and use it for good or spend my life fighting these characteristics and fail to see the beauty it may bring to me.
Hmm... mommy was right. I should not dwell on the was already decided. I should be happy that I have served Comsofil as BOD from Jan to Jun even when at that time, I already breach the provision. I actually thought of disclosing to the Trustees that I had served as BOD, Asst Area Gov for Educ - Area 1, Asst Area Gov for Marketing - Area 5, and Speakers Bureau Chair all at the same time. I held back because doing so would appear that I was deceiving them and was showing off my arrogance!
Well... it's true, isn't?
Nevertheless, I was hurt with my departure from Comsofil BOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment