By 1pm, I gathered all of Shutters Guild members for a meeting. I just presided the opening and allowed Norman to take over the discussion. All existing officers gave their respective year end report and likewise the appointed coordinators also gave their progress reports. After that, I took over the control of the meeting to start the election of the new sets of officers for program year 2011-2012.
The election went smoothly with Norman unanimously re-elected as president, and all other position were filled easily. The only time there was a heated discussion was the issue on handling the case of Leon Zaragoza. Norman asked the group what to do with his case:
I immediately cut the argument and took the responsibility of the fault. First, I commend Beejay for the decisive and valid action that he did because that is his function as an officer - and not because of "guilty" factor as the sponsor of Alex. I also commend Bernard for his zeal of closing the issue on Leon. I promised to take action on this matter.
Below is the minutes of meeting as reported by Tony:
The election went smoothly with Norman unanimously re-elected as president, and all other position were filled easily. The only time there was a heated discussion was the issue on handling the case of Leon Zaragoza. Norman asked the group what to do with his case:
- He owes the group SR575
- He used the name of the group for his personal photoshoot
- He has not yet paid his membership dues
- He don't attend meetings anymore
I immediately cut the argument and took the responsibility of the fault. First, I commend Beejay for the decisive and valid action that he did because that is his function as an officer - and not because of "guilty" factor as the sponsor of Alex. I also commend Bernard for his zeal of closing the issue on Leon. I promised to take action on this matter.
Below is the minutes of meeting as reported by Tony:
No comments:
Post a Comment