Early this morning, I called up Jovett to take a pulse on how the BOT decided on my motion for reconsideration. After a long talk, it saddens me to learn that the BOT decided not to accept the motion. Jovett told me that they will be drafting a letter asking me to select one of my two positions.
I immediately called Edwin Fontiveros to talk about the matter. I pretend that I didn't know about their decision and suggested that I have a prior decision to leave the BOD due to an argument of "precedence". Edwin was saddened with my decision to leave. He was hopeful, he said, that someone would take the leadership of Comsofil and steer the organization to better grounds. He admitted that the current crop of BOD doesn't come close to my experience, contribution and qualification. He was actually happy when I joined the BOD and was hoping that I may someday take his role as the chairman of BOT. He based his assessment on my capacity during the joint BOD-BOT meeting last Friday. They were electing a VP-Education to replace Grace Mendoza and my name comes up as the primary nominee. He said that when my length of tenure (required is at least year of service as BOD) was questioned, several BOD stood and argued that I am the most qualified among the directors and was even qualified to be the president - skills wise. There are some who argued that I may be too strong and may not follow the President. He said that he took this as a cue that I am the needed leader to chance Comsofil. Before he hangs up, he encourage me to be active and come back as BOD in Comsofil after my Toastmasters term.
Minutes later, BOT Onichi Olanday called up and confirm if the news was true. He was saddened that I was leaving the BOD. He confess that he was the main person who stood for the the acceptance of the reconsideration. He argued that that if they would let me go, some organization would take me or perhaps I would loose heart and will not go back to Comsofil.
I promised to send my resignation letter tomorrow morning.
Jovett also called later in the afternoon. She told me in details what had transpired during the meeting. I feel elated when she said that everyone acknowledged my potentials to greatly help the organization and they were worried that I would choose Toastmasters rather than Comsofil. Buddy Villalino said that if I choose Comsofil, he would vouch for my election as President by next year.
I immediately called Edwin Fontiveros to talk about the matter. I pretend that I didn't know about their decision and suggested that I have a prior decision to leave the BOD due to an argument of "precedence". Edwin was saddened with my decision to leave. He was hopeful, he said, that someone would take the leadership of Comsofil and steer the organization to better grounds. He admitted that the current crop of BOD doesn't come close to my experience, contribution and qualification. He was actually happy when I joined the BOD and was hoping that I may someday take his role as the chairman of BOT. He based his assessment on my capacity during the joint BOD-BOT meeting last Friday. They were electing a VP-Education to replace Grace Mendoza and my name comes up as the primary nominee. He said that when my length of tenure (required is at least year of service as BOD) was questioned, several BOD stood and argued that I am the most qualified among the directors and was even qualified to be the president - skills wise. There are some who argued that I may be too strong and may not follow the President. He said that he took this as a cue that I am the needed leader to chance Comsofil. Before he hangs up, he encourage me to be active and come back as BOD in Comsofil after my Toastmasters term.
Minutes later, BOT Onichi Olanday called up and confirm if the news was true. He was saddened that I was leaving the BOD. He confess that he was the main person who stood for the the acceptance of the reconsideration. He argued that that if they would let me go, some organization would take me or perhaps I would loose heart and will not go back to Comsofil.
I promised to send my resignation letter tomorrow morning.
Jovett also called later in the afternoon. She told me in details what had transpired during the meeting. I feel elated when she said that everyone acknowledged my potentials to greatly help the organization and they were worried that I would choose Toastmasters rather than Comsofil. Buddy Villalino said that if I choose Comsofil, he would vouch for my election as President by next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment