Honestly, this is a sad day for me. I was caught between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
The devil that is the Toastmasters Area Governorship that I have to serve from Jul 2011 to Jun 2012. I do hate this devil because of the taxing responsibilities that are attached to the Title/Norm. But I have no choice. I need to embrace this devil because this is the only remaining requirement before I get my DTM norm in Toastmasters. I thought, I could hide this devil but I was wrong. The prestige of the title eventually took a toll on my cloak of invisibility.
I want to take a risk and swim in the Deep Blue Sea that is Comsofil because the potential is great, the excitement and thrill of the unknown is exhilarating, and the end reward - should I survive - is prestigious. But the Deep Blue Sea is heavily infested with sharks called directors who could shred me to pieces with their sharp tooth called intrigues. I know I could beat these sharks for they too are afraid of my dexterity called guts that I kept in my heart and my dagger called skills that I kept in my tongue. But for me to fully survive, I have to spend time in the Deep Blue Sea... a commodity I cannot give for now.
With heavy heart, I have to embrace the devil. Anyway, the Deep Blue Sea will always be there and I shall conquer it later.
I sent my formal resignation to the Board of Trustee today. See my letter below
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Board of Trustees
Comsofil
Thru Channel
Danilo Cortez
Comsofil President
PY 2011-2012
Dear Mr. President,
Please accept my resignation as Board of Director of Comsofil for the Program Year 2011 effective immediately. With heavy heart, I made this decision because of possible conflict on schedules with my new appointment as Area Governor for Toastmasters. Moreover, this decision comes up upon realizing that I may be violating an existing resolution of the Board of Trustees and should I continue a dual role, my case may be a precedence in the future.
It had been a pleasant experience working with you as the President of the Comsofil during the Program Year 2011. You have an infectious zeal of dedication and good leadership that is both obvious and observable. Continue the spirit of volunteerism and the service to the Overseas Filipino Workers.
I will gladly extend support Comsofil in other ways I can do. I will just be around and will be willing to serve.
Sincerely,
Jorge Nathaniel H. Amores
No comments:
Post a Comment