Saturday, March 18, 2006

F1 @ Sepang

Okay, i'll confess... i've been waaaiting for this day to come for so loooong! Finally, the day of reckoning arrived.

I remember a month ago, Bobby asked me if I am interested to go to Kuala Lumpur to watch the F1 - Sepang circuit race. The plan was to go with Satya (with his fellow Indian friends), leave Singapore Saturday early morning then spend the rest of the day touring Kuala Lumpur, and to save for hotel fees we would spend the night at a Pinay friend of Bobby. Satya, on the other hand, would stay with his fellow Indian friends. Then on Sunday morning, watch the final race at Sepang. The plan looks good and affordable, hence I easily agreed. Satya even voluntereed to secure tickets for us.

Well, that was the plan, but only a plan. Bobby eventuall back out and Satya opted to stay with his friends. I really thought that my F1 plan is goodbye!

Good thing, I found an announcement in the Photonski yahoo group inviting anyone to join a team of photographers who are planning for a trip to Sepang. The cost would be higher - three times more - than the budget that Bobby had computed, but the accomodation is okay and we will have our own tranpo. I readily called up Julius "Mac" Dela Cruz - the contact person, and inform him of my desire to join. Two days later, Glenn Gamayot met me up at Tampines MRT and handed me my F1 ticket! Wow, alas, I have the ticket on my hand! I was so happy, I proudly showed it to Bobby and Satya, and teased them. From that day on, I was eagerly anticipated for the trip. I even bought a new long range Sigma 70-300mm lens for my Canon 20D camera.

Now you understand why I was so excited.


No comments: