Sunday, March 19, 2006

Kuala Lumpur


It's nice to be back here in Kuala Lumpur. I can feel the "touch" of reality: traffic, bumpy roads, pollution, and undisciplined crowd just like what you normally see in Manila. A far cry from we "normally" enjoy in the beautiful life in Singapore.
Sepang F1 Circuit as seen at C2 Area
Okay, enough of the nostalgia. Let's talk about Formula One.

We arrived at Sepang at around 9am. W
ell you could say we were too early and that we have counted our group as among the first 25 people in the arena. It was good though, as we were able to pick the best place and view of the race.
On our left is the long stretch of viewing stand C2 facing the right leaf of the race track, our front faces the Grandstand and the dangerous 180deg curve, and on our right is the upper curve of the track. Huh! what I am trying to describe here? To give you an idea of what I am talking about... see below.

Now before you make comment, I have to remind you, these were taken from my new Canon 20D camera and I admit, I am having a hard time wrestling with the controls. Oh, how I wish I was successful in composing a long continous shots covering the whole area. Anyway, I managed to get some decent shots. Right? Don't disagree!

You might wonder where are the F1 cars in the pictures? Hmm... I made several shots, actually over 500 pics, but not a single one was worth posting. If its not overexposed or underexposed, the composition is baaaddd! Just imaging taking pictures of cars speeding at 200++kph, what pics do you expect a novice like me can capture? Yeah, you guess it right, pics of cars in halves!

Honestly, I was becoming desperate. I did good with my old Olympus C730UZ but this new SLR, I am totally screwed. Grrr.. !*#$%!><$@!! Buti na lang, I was with the bunch of helpful guru like Glenn and Bhong who readily provided assistance with such predicament. Kaya nga, I did spend most of my time standing besides them and patiently observe how they set their camera and how they compose their shots, especially with Bhong since we have the same model of SLR. I made one, only one acceptable shot, but I will not post it here. I save it for my next blog entry.

No comments: