I have no questions, the quality of pictures taken from Canon 20D is superior. These pictures are thousand times better than my old Olympus point-and-shoot. The color is brilliant and the contrast is vivid. There is none that I could complain of except... the size of the subjects in the picture. With my Olympus, I can take close up shots of any subject even if they (it) is several hundred meters away. I was already used to this convenience and this is something missing in my Canon.
Last week when I asked around how to solve my problem, Melvin told me to buy a telephoto lens. He suggested buying a third party lens because it is cheaper. Hence today, I went to Lucky Plaza to canvass for a good lens. One shop offered a Sigma 70-300 DC lens at a discounted price of Sg$170. They say it was relatively cheap but personally, it is not. The amount still leaves a sting on my pocket.
* * * * *
My new lens was just in time to test the capability of my Canon camera. Jared called and informed me that there will be a fashion at Marina Square at 11am. He reserved a place for me and asked me to hurry. And that's exactly what I did. I took a taxi from Lucky Plaza toward Marina Square. I arrived at the venue and found Jared lurking on one corner. Truly, he reserved a seat for me. We then prepare our gears for the upcoming Fashion Show. Jard smiled when he saw my new Sigma lens.
"Wow, long lens", he beamed
"Binyagan natin", I boasted.
In less than five minutes, the Fashion Show started. I was a little dazzled because I was having problem adjusting with my new camera and lens. More than that, I actually don't know what to shoot. Should I shoot the subject sideways (landscape) or lengthwise (portrait). Jared just smile because he too was experiencing the same dilemma.
Nevertheless, I managed to salvage few dozens acceptable pictures out of 300+ shots taken.
Here are some of the first Fashion Shot I've taken. No editing - just plain resize.
Last week when I asked around how to solve my problem, Melvin told me to buy a telephoto lens. He suggested buying a third party lens because it is cheaper. Hence today, I went to Lucky Plaza to canvass for a good lens. One shop offered a Sigma 70-300 DC lens at a discounted price of Sg$170. They say it was relatively cheap but personally, it is not. The amount still leaves a sting on my pocket.
* * * * *
My new lens was just in time to test the capability of my Canon camera. Jared called and informed me that there will be a fashion at Marina Square at 11am. He reserved a place for me and asked me to hurry. And that's exactly what I did. I took a taxi from Lucky Plaza toward Marina Square. I arrived at the venue and found Jared lurking on one corner. Truly, he reserved a seat for me. We then prepare our gears for the upcoming Fashion Show. Jard smiled when he saw my new Sigma lens.
"Wow, long lens", he beamed
"Binyagan natin", I boasted.
Nevertheless, I managed to salvage few dozens acceptable pictures out of 300+ shots taken.
No comments:
Post a Comment