Monday, August 21, 2006

Street Photography

Pressure in the office had been so high during these past weeks. I was assigned to a "challenging" client and I had difficulty with the product. To keep up my head above water, I have to skip most of my shooting schedules and I have to spend extended hours in the office. Infact, for the last two weekends I just stayed home and work via VPN connection.

But today, I declared I had enough with work. I must go out and shoot otherwise, I will go insane! I need to take my drug - my camera, and I need to stimulate myself with pictures to keep me alive. Asus! addict na talaga. hehehe...

* * * * * *

With no objective and subject that I could think of, I decided to walk around Orchard Road and do street photography. Who knows, I might bumped onto onto some nice subject or events.

Indeed, I was right. While taking a picture of the Wizma Atria building, I Net01heard someone at my back complained that I have stepped on her toes. When I turned around, whoah! I found these three sexy ladies standing just few inches in front of me (I even accidentally elbowed her b***s). I was so stunned that my tongue got stuck in my mouth and forgot to apologize. They just smiled and said it was okay. I was quick to recover my senses though, and immediately started a conversation. And to keep them from going away, I asked if they would like to come with me for coffee. To my surprise, they accepted the peace offering. So I took them to the nearby Starbucks and .... hehehe take photos of one of the ladies. Oi, I didn't she's pretty - I just said sexy, and If you ask me who she was and what's her work here? Nah, I would just answer you flat - I forgot her name and I am not interested to know where she work and where she lives. I didn't even ask for her number. Nagbago na ako noh. (Blaaam!!!!! lightning strikes). But... hehehe.. I gave her my card!

An hour later, I was back to the Orchard Road walking aimlessly. I thought of calling Arjie who coincidentally was also shooting at the nearby area. We agreed to meet up at Lucky Plaza and then continued walking towards Istana (the Malacanang of Singapore). It was almost dusk and we know that shooting at low lights would be challenging, but we still go on. We just mount our external flash just in case it gets too dark. At last we got lucky when we reached Plaza Singapura. We were in time as the street dancing show of NUS students was about to start. I took few shots, analyze it, and then decided to use external flash. I also maximized my ISO to catch up with the movement of the subject. The result of my shoot were just average - not captivating. Street01_1There were two elements that were missing: sufficient light and good composition. Hmm... I choose the wrong spot. The picture you see on the right side is of low quality. Wait next week, I'll provide you with link to my website for good quality pix.

Overall, my first street photography was okay. It was not satisfactory but at least I enjoyed it. I might do it again. hehhee

No comments: