Thursday, July 27, 2006

Permanent Resident

After eight long weeks, I finally received the letter that I had been expecting from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority. Actually, I applied for Permanent Residence here in Singapore two months ago... and you know the result?

APPROVED!!!!

Hehehe... Now I got an assurance that I can stay in Singapore. No more worries that my employer will suddenly dump me and deport me to Canada or Philippines. Being a PR would bring lots of benefits. Some of it would be a better bargaining power when applying to other job, I can ask for higher fee from my current employer, and I can bargain for more benefits. More importantly, I am now allowed to own properties in Singapore - I am buying a house. Yes!!!!

On the other hand, I would immediately feel the pinch of Central Provident Fund contribution to my take home pay. Anyway, that's my forced savings and I know someday I could use that on rainy days.

Now I have my Singapore PR, Canadian, what's next? EU PR... hehehehe

No comments: