Sunday, July 2, 2006

Studio Clinic

It's been four months since I first picked up my digital SLR camera. The hobby that I though would be simple and easy turns out to be challenging and engaging. And... it's expensive. Few more lens and my whole gears would cost more than a second hand sedan car in the Philippines. Huh! there goes my savings.

Well, it's worth it. I am happy with my new hobby. It made me feel like a student once again, yearning to learn new subject and ideans. I even thought of making this as my future career... after I got totally bored with IT. For me, photography is more of an art than a technical hobby. It wipes out my boredom and fill up my weekends with so many activities. Do you believe that I have taken over 20 thousand pictures since Mar 1? And with the trend that I am going, I'll easily hit 100 thousand before the year end. Now ask me how many good shot have I made? hehehehe.. less than a hundred! That's gonna change in the near future, I am sure.

Today, we have done something different. I've organized a Studio Clinic with the Photonski - the Pinoy Photographer Group in Singapore - and have used internal resources for the activity. Img_6535Che provided the place and models, Gorio and Tolits were the resource speakers, and other members provided the necessary props for the clinic.

The turn out was fantastic. There were at least 15 photographers who attended not counting the clinic masters. We also had two lady models who did the glamour and portrait modelling and a baby for the candid shots. The food? wow, fantastic. It was so delicious. We finished the clinic at around 8pm - two hours over the schedule. Needless to say, everyone was tired. There were deviation with the activity schedules, maraming makukulit, yung iba "over sa calcium", had challenges with the setup.. but overall everyone learned something and enjoyed the activity. The studio clinic was fruitful and successful.

I'll organized another one!

No comments: