Saturday, September 2, 2006

Biennale


I must admit, lately I had some cold feet with my hobby. My frustration has not yet departed from my mind and I have this doubts if my new "addiction" is worth all all the time I've spent. What this frustration is all about? Hah... just that.. I got disappointed thinking that to be a good photographer, all I need to do is master the basic elements of light, shadows, and artistic composition. But with what I learned last week, there a need to master photoshop too, just to enhance and make the picture much more "beautiful" (is there a word for that?).

Cold is my feet I may have said, but when Arjie told me that there will be a show tonight at the Padang for the opening of the Singapore Beinale - an Art Festival, I could hardly resist the temptation. And between cold feet and temptation, hehehe... I choose the one that I am happy the most.

And yes, I went to Padang to watch the Singapore Bienale show. Arjie and Jared were there too, and later Melvin joined too. We saw some local media celebrities, some local artists, and the Prime Minister. Then after the formal ceremonies, a fashion show and a rock concert followed. Of course I shoot and got some good photos. Here's a sample.Bie01

More pictures in my site

http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/Bienale


No comments: